After landing your first consulting project, there are many steps you can take to set yourself up for success.
How to make your first client a satisfied client
Satisfied clients will be one of your best sources for future consulting jobs, so it is important to set the stage for success from day one. As a solo business owner, you are not only tasked with doing the consulting work, but designing, implementing and monitoring the project plan. As a new consultant it is also important to make sure that you have an operating infrastructure in place that will allow you to support your first client.
10 Steps to Be a Success
In our guide, we will explain what it takes to be successful, such as
- Deciding which resources you need
- How to cut costs and save money when setting up your home office
- Technical requirements you need to start your business
- Which self-employed business insurances and tax forms you may need
- Necessary documentation (Letter of Engagement, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Scope of Work document, etc.) you should create
- How to plan logistical problems (network connections, internal systems, etc.)
- How to onboard new clients
- What should be included in a welcome kit
- What is essential for a kick-off meeting
- How to maintain healthy client relationships
Download our guide to learn more.
Find independent consulting jobs with top companies through MBO’s marketplace