After landing your first consulting project, there are many steps you can take to set yourself up for success.
Satisfied clients will be one of your best sources for future consulting jobs, so it is important to set the stage for success from day one. As a solo business owner, you are not only tasked with doing the consulting work, but designing, implementing and monitoring the project plan. As a new consultant it is also important to make sure that you have an operating infrastructure in place that will allow you to support your first client.
In our guide, we will explain what it takes to be successful, such as
- Deciding which resources you need
- How to cut costs and save money when setting up your home office
- Technical requirements you need to start your business
- Which self-employed business insurances and tax forms you may need
- Necessary documentation (Letter of Engagement, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Scope of Work document, etc.) you should create
- How to plan logistical problems (network connections, internal systems, etc.)
- How to onboard new clients
- What should be included in a welcome kit
- What is essential for a kick-off meeting
- How to maintain healthy client relationships
Download our guide to learn more.
Find independent consulting jobs with top companies through MBO’s marketplace