March 20, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Canada has this own set of laws and regulations governing the contractor-client relationship. This list, from National Law Review, proves very helpful.
- Benefits PRO calls these the 10 best jobs in the gig economy, and cites MBO data.
- An article in Chief Learning Officer considers the role of CLO in the gig economy. We find the article interesting, as the role of learning and development in the gig economy is one that is often explored when issues of misclassification arise. We encourage you to read and think about how learning, development, and the independent workforce might interact in the future.
- A new ruling from the Connecticut Supreme Court has clarified the ABC test for ICs.
- A new op-ed in Fast Company looks at the future of work, and what role independent professionals might play in the new economy. Hint: traditional employment isn’t dead yet.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!
News of note for independent contractors and their clients.
Independent contractor misclassification can be an expensive mistake—here’s what you need to know to avoid it.