March 28, 2016
Being a successful independent contractor or a client of choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The gig economy is a trillion-dollar business. Business Management Daily covered our CEO Gene Zaino’s recent SHRM panel discussion.
- These are the top 10 cities for gig economy workers. Hint: they aren’t all major national hubs.
- You’ve probably set up time to pay your taxes, but have you thought lately about retirement? Whether you’re a Boomer, Independent, or a Millennial, retirement planning should start now. Here are some tips.
- Independents may work when and where they choose, but for most, Sunday is still a day of rest. Prep for the week ahead with these 12 tips for things successful people do on Sunday nights.
- To that end, sometimes working when and how we want isn’t always productive. Here are four steps for making up for a “missed day” due to back-to-back meetings, distractions, or an impromptu afternoon golf game.
- Spend Matters’ Andrew Karpie covers the digital evolution of the contingent workforce supply chain in the third article of a three-part series.
- Our friends at Emergent Research share some thoughts on a new piece of research from The Guardian talking about how only one-third of millennials feel that they’re “middle class.” Hint: most identify as working class.
- McKinsey interviews Dan Levin, COO of Box, and shares fascinating data on how technology is creating a new world of work.
- Harvard Business Review says that work in the future will increasingly be done outside of full-time regular employment. They identify five fundamental forces driving change, including all-inclusive global talent management, a more connected world and workplace, exponential technology change, and human-automation collaboration.
- Staffing Industry Analysts noted that we hired John Dahlberg as VP of solutions design. We’re excited to have him on the team!
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!
A monthly summary of independent contractor misclassification and compliance news. This is the August, 2018 edition.
News and notes for independent professionals and their clients. This is the April 2, 2018 edition.