April 30, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- How organizations can overcome barriers to successfully engage independent professionals and become more agile in today’s competitive business environment.
- Nearly half of Millennials are already freelancing—HR Dive explores what that means for independent work.
- Lexology looks at Uber’s latest legal win and what the ruling means for determining worker classification in the rideshare industry.
- Deloitte’s latest Global Human Capital Trends study found that 40% of workers are now involved in some type of contingent work arrangement.
- Freelancer confidence in the UK has fallen due to concerns about Brexit, according to a new report from the Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed (IPSE).
- Misclassification legal and economic risks can be avoided by knowing the difference between independent contractors and employees, Lexology says.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!
News and notes for independent professionals and their clients. This is the December 17, 2018 edition.
News and notes for independent professionals and their clients. This is the May 1, 2017 edition.