June 11, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The Aspen Institute Future of Work and Cornell University’s ILR School launched the Gig Economy Data Hub, an online collection of gig economy data, studies, and information.
- Small Business Labs explored how the new Contingent Workforce Survey from the Bureau of Labor Statistics compares to MBO's own State of Independence.
- CardRates.com explores how organizations must adapt to meet the needs of independent workers.
- Take our quiz to determine if self-employment is right for you.
- Freelancers are winning the war for talent, says Forbes.
- The U.S. federal government is set to release data about the size and scope of the gig economy, QZ reports.
- JD Supra shares a podcast that discusses recent developments in California employment law.
- Amazon has asked a Seattle federal judge to hold off ruling on a delivery driver misclassification case, Reuters reports.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!
A monthly summary of independent contractor misclassification and compliance news. This is the October, 2018 edition.
News and notes for independent professionals and their clients. This is the October 29, 2018 edition.