June 18, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Spend Matters' Andrew Karpie suggests that enterprises look at how they manage professional independents in the "agile workforce," a new term that indicates a different class of contingent labor.
- A new op-ed in The Hill from DC's R Street Institute contemplates the ripple effects of the Dynamex case for the independent workforce.
- Enterpreneur shows how to battle the issues that come with working remotely.
- Writers and independent workforce experts alike continue to explore the BLS study issued last week on the size of the contingent workforce. The Wall Street Journal and Inc. suggest that the numbers in the study might not be exactly as straightforward as some think they are.
- Growing your business? Learn tips for how to sell your consulting services in a recent blog post from the MBO team.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!