June 19, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- MBO Partners released our seventh annual State of Independence in America study this week. Check out the full data here, or review coverage from Business Wire, Spend Matters, Axios, Bloomberg, Benefits Pro, Forbes, and HR Dive.
- Why compliance matters and how to implement a program for your organization.
- Spend Matters explores how the gig economy has reshaped business-to-business markets.
- 6 creative ways to get client testimonials.
- A new study from the UK's Association of Independent Professionals and the Self-Employed (IPSE) finds that freelancing has a positive effect on wellbeing.
- A Cornell tech startup looks to create an affordable way to provide benefits to independent workers.
- This podcast tackles the topic of freelance versus full-time work.
- Withdrawing Obama-era rules for independent contractors and businesses that operate as franchises turns favor to businesses.
- European companies are expected to go on the world's biggest cyber security hiring spree in the next 12 months, driving demand for cyber talent that will far outstrip supply, a new study finds.
- You deserve a guilt-free vacation this summer. Here's how to swing it as a freelancer.
- UK freelancers, startups, and tech developers are collaborating to help resolve self-employed benefits issues.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!
Four questions to ask yourself to see if you’re ready to bring in an extra set of hands.
News and notes for independent professionals and their clients. This is the June 26, 2017 edition.