September 10, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Forbes reports on MBO Partners’ latest State of Independence Research Brief about digital nomads.
- What you need to know about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and recently proposed guidance from the IRS as an independent professional.
- MBO Partners’ CEO, Gene Zaino, discusses the present and future of America’s independent workforce in an interview for the BIGcast.
- Skuid’s latest webinar covers 7 questions CTOs should ask about developing applications for business users, and features MBO’s VP of solutions design, John Dahlberg.
- Self-employed workers seeking mortgages may have good news soon, the Chicago Tribune reports.
- Alaska Gov. Bill Walker signed a compensation reform bill that aims to reduce administrative costs and provide a clear definition of independent contractors, according to Business Insurance.
- Entrepreneur explores five habits successful business leaders use every day.
- A federal judge dismissed two class-action lawsuits claiming a trucking company misclassified drivers as independent contractors.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!
News and notes for independents and their clients around the web. This is the June 20, 2016 edition.
New and notes for independents and their clients around the web. This is the January 25, 2016 edition.