October 1, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The Verge and HR Dive report on Uber’s big win to keep drivers classified as independent contractors.
- Retailers share liability for misclassified truck drivers at California ports under a new law, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- The Labor Department may be looking to change regulations governing gig workers and independent contractors, Bloomberg BNA reports.
- Field service businesses would benefit from the freelance economy, Spend Matters says.
- Forbes asks an important question: what do freelancers think about working in your organization?
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!