Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• How to start off 2020 right as an independent professional.
• Uber and Postmates filed a lawsuit to block California’s freelancer law, The New York Times reports.
• JD Supra looks back on the past decade of independent contractor misclassification and compliance law.
• Tips for successfully building and growing your network.
• Freelancer groups are aiming to block California’s new labor law, says Bloomberg Law.
• Forbes explores how to find your inner genius in the new year.
• How to become your own boss and start a freelance career,
• 12 self-employment tax deductions from U.S. News & World Report.
• Lexology looks at what you need to know about the new California employment law going into effect in 2020.
• If you think you’re ready to go freelance in the new year, take this entrepreneurship test from Forbes.
• Business tips for solopreneurs and entrepreneurs from Industry Leaders.
• Thrive Global explores why it is important to organize your finances before becoming a solopreneur.
• The Motley Fool provides a 2020 guide to retirement plans.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!