The Weekly Independent: January 7, 2019
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Harvard Business Review explores why high performers are quitting their jobs to work for themselves.
- Tips for building a strong client-contractor relationship.
- The DC Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) decision to expand joint employment was too broad, Reuters reports.
- Four key strategies to keep in mind for successful independent contractor engagement.
- Spend Matters lists five areas for services procurement professionals to watch in 2019.
- Seven ways to cut expenses in the New Year and beyond.
- JD Supra provides an employment law update for 2019.
- A new robo-advice app for the self-employed is expected to launch soon, says FT Adviser.
- Business Management Daily discusses how independent contractor misclassification can result in big fines.
- The A to Z of what California employers need to know for 2019.
- The oldest nationwide misclassification case against Uber was settled for $1.3M, Lexology reports.
- The best tools for freelancers in 2019, according to Fast Company.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.