The Weekly Independent: January 15, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Find out if you’re ready to make the leap to independent consulting.
- What the self-employed need to know about the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- The city of Los Angeles filed three new lawsuits were filed against port trucking companies, alleging port truck drivers were improperly classified as independent contractors.
- The difference between bill rate and pay rate and what you need to know to keep these commonly confused terms straight.
- Harvard Business Review gives advice on figuring out your next side hustle.
- 2018 predictions for independent contractor misclassification and compliance law.
- These are the 20 highest-paying job skills for freelancers.
- Forbes shares personal branding tactics you can leverage as a solopreneur.
- Ten common legal mistakes small businesses make and how to avoid them.
- An argument for not discounting your services—even for friends and family.
- Seven creative ways to help your small business save money.