The Weekly Independent: January 22, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Entrepreneur explores why startups should think about outsourcing work to freelancers.
- Follow these four tips to determine how much money you need to start your own business.
- In The Wall Street Journal, Deloitte CEO Cathy Engelbert outlines how boards can prepare their organizations for the workforce of the future.
- The key terms and phrases to define independent workers and what they do.
- U.S. News & World Report provides tips on how to get a mortgage when you’re self-employed.
- Time reports on everything freelancers need to know about the new tax law.
- In the UK, Uber introduced a 10-hour cap on driver hours, The Telegraph reports.
- Five growth tactics for freelancers that you may not have heard about before.
- A look at how blockchain technology could change the freelancer market.
- Inc. reviews 10 damaging work habits to leave behind in 2017.
- Forbes explores personal branding tactics you can leverage as an independent professional.