The Weekly Independent: February 5, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- What enterprises need to know about the direct sourcing of independent professionals—a series from Spend Matters.
- The pros and cons of self-employment for women.
- A look at how taxes are changing for freelancers, according to TheStreet.
- One in seven British independent professionals work the equivalent of 13 months each year, a new survey finds.
- How to compliantly engage independent workers.
- AARP reports on why older workers are excelling at gig work.
- Talent Economy discusses why labor force participation is down despite low unemployment rates and a war for talent.
- The key to freelance success? Hustling smarter, not harder.
- Lexology explores the future role of healthcare in the gig economy.
- Negotiate these 7 things with clients, Forbes says.
- Investopedia shares three savings options for self-employed Millennials.