The Weekly Independent: February 13, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- It’s almost Valentine’s Day! Here’s our love note to you: 10 things to love about being an independent professional.
- What’s in store for freelancers under the Trump administration? Fast Company explores some potential scenarios.
- The UK has issued some major rulings on worker classification in recent months. Uber, Deliveroo and Hermes are among the companies impacted.
- JD Supra ponders whether recent actions like a new misclassification webpage by the DoL are attempted to make it easier for contractors to file for legal action against clients.
- LinkedIn has just rolled out a new desktop update, and with it, a streamlined new profile. The Muse captures four ways you should refine your LinkedIn presence to better position yourself online, in light of these new updates. Not sure how to market your services on LinkedIn? Check out our recent blog post on this very topic.
- Learn what business credit is, how it differs from a personal credit score, and why independent professionals need to watch theirs.
- First impressions matter, particularly when you’re independent and every new contact could lead to a client. A Harvard psychologist’s new book suggests that people look for these two things when they meet someone for the first time.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.