The Weekly Independent: February 19, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- In a milestone ruling, GrubHub drivers are designated as independent contractors, the Chicago Tribune reports.
- What you need to know about the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act as an independent professional.
- Spend Matters provides criteria for identifying a technology-based direct sourcing solution fit for the high bar of enterprise requirements.
- Don’t miss our webinar this Thursday featuring Elaine Pofeldt on how to earn a 6-figure income on your own terms.
- A new Paypal report finds the majority of freelancers expect their business to grow in the future.
- Crain’s New York Business explores the rise of $1 million, one-person businesses.
- Congress and the Trump administration are gearing up to tackle gig economy issues this spring, the Washington Examiner reports.
- A rising number of British workers plan to become self-employed.
- Self-employed individuals can face many challenges obtaining a mortgage, says the Chicago Tribune.