The Weekly Independent: February 25, 2019
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Spend Matters explores the perils of rogue spend in contingent workforce management.
- Three trends changing the way we work.
- Congratulations to our CEO, Gene Zaino, for making the Staffing 100 Hall of Fame!
- A signed independent contractor acknowledgment form wasn’t enough to dictate employment status, HR Dive reports.
- Five consequences of independent contractor misclassification.
- Experience is increasingly more important than a resume for gig workers, says TechRepublic.
- The NLRB weighs in on interpreting the independent contractor standard, the New Jersey Law Journal reports.
- The Motley Fool gives tips for finding work-life balance if you’re self-employed.
- How to overcome freelance worker stereotypes, according to Entrepreneur.
- Forbes gives advice on how to manage the stress of freelancing.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.