The Weekly Independent: March 18, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Spend Matters looks at the emerging ecosystem of sourcing and engaging the independent workforce.
- The top things to consider when building a career as a digital nomad, from Travel News Daily.
- JD Supra provides a summary of independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from February.
- Uber agrees to pay $20 million to settle an independent contractor lawsuit, TechCrunch reports.
- In an important decision for the oil and gas industry, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled that directional drillers are independent contractors and not employees, Lexology summarizes.
- Nine tips for gig economy workers to get more work this year, according to Spend Matters.
- JD Supra discusses the details of two $100-million dollar independent contractor misclassification settlements.
- Four essential mental health tips for freelance and remote workers from Forbes.
- It may now be now easier for gig economy workers to get a mortgage, the Washington Post reports.
- The Motley Fool provides five tax tips for the self-employed.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!