The Weekly Independent: March 19, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Freelancers are happy and prospering, SFGate reports.
- What you need to know about landing government contracts as an independent professional.
- Uber wants the Labor Department to take gig economy workers into consideration when drafting expanded access to association health plans, Bloomberg reports.
- Check out MBO Partners’ new monthly summary of independent contractor misclassification and compliance news.
- Self-employed people are happier at work, a new study says.
- Forbes explores why freelancers should focus on collaboration rather than competition.
- Why it is so important to avoid misclassifying employees as independent contractors, according to JD Supra.
- Many online platforms are putting bills in front of state legislatures to permanently classify gig workers as independent contractors, CNN Money reports.
- 4 in 10 executives say the caliber of freelance creative talent is on the rise, according to a new survey.
- Business.com looks at why Millennials and Baby Boomers are so alike when it comes to self-employment.
- The number of self-employed moms in the UK has risen 50% since 2008, a new report finds.