The Weekly Independent: April 2, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- CNN looks at what the new tax law does for freelancers.
- The benefits of small business insurance and how to decode what policy terms mean.
- The gig economy is quickly becoming the “new normal” for how businesses organize work, according to a new report.
- Four steps to managing and measuring the success of your independent workforce.
- Quarterly taxpayers are facing confusion in light of the new tax law, Financial Advisor IQ reports.
- Harvard University recently agreed to revise its university-wide worker classification system, says JD Supra.
- How to budget for success as an independent professional.
- Bloomberg looks at whether the rise in gig economy work calls for updates to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Spend Matters discusses the state of enterprise solutions for sourcing online freelancers.
- These 8 things could be holding your freelance career back, Forbes says.
- Entrepreneur explores three trends that will impact the future of the gig economy.
- Could coworking be the key to small business success?
- Amazon is acquiring house cleaners as direct employees in a revamp of its home services marketplace.
- Tips for enjoying guilt-free holidays as a freelancer.