The Weekly Independent: April 16, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Both more employers and more employees are turning to gig work, Arkansas Business reports.
- Key differences between a staffing agency and a marketplace.
- The Atlantic looks at Walmart’s future workforce—robots and freelancers.
- 10 marketing strategies for independent contractors.
- A federal district court in Pennsylvania ruled in favor of Uber, concluding their UberBLACK drivers are not employees as a matter of law.
- Entrepreneur explores the new tax law and business and entertainment perks you may no longer be able to write off.
- Tax Day is tomorrow! Here’s one move that could save you thousands, according to Money.
- The insurance industry is now being targeted for independent contractor misclassification lawsuits, reports JD Supra.
- Technological innovation is in HR is changing the way we work, Forbes reports.
- Tax time burdens that freelancers have to deal with.
- Why baby boomers are turning to freelance work.