The Weekly Independent: April 23, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Quartz explores how the gig economy could help close the skills gap.
- What independent contractors need to know about the new tax law.
- Uber drivers in California are receiving labor misclassification settlement payments as low as 15 cents, Gizmodo reports.
- What independent professionals need to know about the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), according to CMS Wire.
- If you’re considering going independent, ask yourself these five questions first.
- Entrepreneur looks at why baby boomers make the perfect freelancers.
- Ed tech startup General Assembly has been sold to European human resources services company Adecco for $413 million, TechCrunch reports.
- Consultancy.uk looks and how consulting firms can benefit from networks of independent consultants.
- The problem with unemployment insurance and how to improve the system, according to Next Avenue.
- Forbes explores how government policies can help Millennial workers.