Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Our CEO, Gene Zaino, writes about how to adapt your workforce strategy to attract independent talent in an op-ed for HR Technologist.
• How to implement a direct sourcing strategy.
• Forbes debunks four gig economy myths.
• Wisconsin launches a worker misclassification enforcement effort, Lexology reports.
• Four benefits to re-engaging independent professional talent.
• A group of Los Angeles port drivers were awarded $1.2 million in a misclassification lawsuit.
• Five tips from Accounting Web for preparing to work with independent contractors.
• JD Supra explores how to avoid worker misclassification.
• Tips for making a good first impression from CreditDonkey.
• Simply Business gives 10 self-employed tips for cutting costs in 2019.
• A freelancer’s guide to getting paid on time from Mic.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!