The Weekly Independent: May 8, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- A Forbes op-ed from CEO Gene Zaino discusses the impact of automation on the independent workforce.
- Certifications can help differentiate a small business by providing access to federal contracts, specialized funding, and new networking opportunities. Here are five certifications to consider pursuing.
- A Staffing Industry Analysts article discusses advancements in technology for the independent workforce and the future of freelancer management systems.
- The complex risks and benefits of co-employment, and best practices for engaging independent contractors.
- How inconsistencies in sales tax policies are affecting gig economy companies, state and local governments, and independent workers, according to the International Business Times.
- How to thrive financially when you’re self-employed.
- Why it’s important for organizations to stay vigilant about contractor vs. employee classification.
- How to avoid dry spells as a freelancer. Hint: networking is key!
- 10 skills that will be in high demand by 2020.
- New York City’s “Freelance Isn’t Free Act” (FIFA) takes effect on May 15. Here’s what you need to know.
- One independent’s take on why the freelance plunge is tough, yet rewarding.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.