Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• On Wednesday, we released our 2019 State of Independence Report. You can check it out here as well as coverage from Spend Matters, Staffing Industry Analysts, HR Dive, Forbes, and Small Business Labs.
• JD Supra explores recent developments in the battle of independent contractors vs. employees.
• California advanced a bill that tightens the definition of independent contractors, Construction Dive reports.
• Consider these eight traits to become a successful freelance, from business.com.
• A checkup on independent workforce arrangements from Lexology.
• How small businesses classify employees is a big deal, says USA Today.
• Law 360 looks at employer options for white collar contractors after the Dynamex ruling.
• Uber and Lyft are pressuring lawmakers to preserve the gig model, says HR Dive.
• If you’re considering self-employment, don’t forget these three important tips from Bdaily News.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!