The Weekly Independent: June 25, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- A Wall Street Journal opinion piece questions findings in the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ latest contingent workforce study.
- Five questions to ask when evaluating which online marketplace is right for your business needs.
- The Trump administration rolled out a new rule on association health plans, which may allow more small businesses and self-employed individuals to access affordable health insurance, the New York Times reports.
- Last year, Survey Monkey extended full benefits to contract workers—now, Fast Company explores whether other tech companies will follow suit.
- What you need to know about creating a Scope of Work (SOW) for your next project.
- Forbes advises on how to find and hire quality freelancers for your team.
- One freelancer’s advice for staying on track when working from home.
- SHRM looks at five hiring mistakes to avoid in California.
- A new book explores the promise and peril of the gig economy; Fast Company interviews the author.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.