The Weekly Independent: June 26, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- NBC News reports on the main difference between men and women in their motivations and priorities for working independently, citing research from MBO Partners’ 2017 State of Independence study.
- How organizations can adjust their talent management strategy to best utilize independent professionals.
- The Uber ruling may affect the gig economy, according to Crain’s New York Business.
- Quartz discusses how companies are purchasing on-demand skills online rather than hiring new employees.
- Follow these five steps to avoid common self-employment mistakes.
- Contingent workforce solutions provider Beeline partnered with talent cloud provider, Genesys.
- Insurance software start-up Zenefits will pay $3.4 million to misclassified employees for unpaid overtime.
- Mashable shares one person’s transition into the freelance economy.
- Automation will help promote top talent, according to staffing professionals.
- Considering going independent? Choose a possibility that makes you want to say, yippee!
- Here’s how much money Americans are making from the gig economy, CNBC reports.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.