The Weekly Independent: July 2, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- LinkedIn and ServiceNow CEOs talk about how businesses keep workforces ahead of the curve using automation and AI in this McKinsey Global Institute podcast.
- Five best practices organizations should keep in mind when creating a Direct Access program to source and engage independent professional talent.
- California’s Dynamex ruling raises questions about copyright ownership, Bloomberg reports.
- Forbes explores various gig economy surveys and studies and how they portray independent workers.
- A summary of independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from last month.
- Hermes couriers are now entitled to receive minimum wage and holiday pay after having found to incorrectly classified as self-employed.
- Cities need to prepare for the modern freelance workforce, says Fast Company.
- The Motley Fool outlines four important tax concepts for the self-employed.
- How to charge more as a freelancer, according to Forbes.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.