The Weekly Independent: July 9, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Social Security data shows self-employment has been increasing, Small Biz Labs reports.
- In an op-ed for Forbes, MBO Partners’ CEO Gene Zaino discusses the importance of using a written agreement when engaging independent contractors.
- An independent contractor shares his journey to self-employment, reflecting on his one-year independent contracting anniversary.
- Senate appropriators are urging the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) to change how it collects gig workforce data, Bloomberg reports.
- Claim control of your personal time with work-life integration.
- Women are earning less than men even in the gig economy, CNN says.
- Entrepreneur explores seven stages of a solopreneur’s growth.
- Why every new freelancer needs a mentor, according to Forbes.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.