The Weekly Independent: July 23, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- How to overcome common concerns when engaging independent contractors.
- Demand for temporary workers is high and is expected to increase, HR Dive reports.
- What is the gig economy, and how does it work? New Hampshire Business Review explains.
- How to write a Scope of Work (SOW).
- The Trump administration Department of Labor (DOL) has issued their first guidance on independent contractors, Lexology reports.
- Business.com investigates why companies are choosing freelancers over full-time employees.
- Tech HQ explores the far-reaching impact of the gig economy.
- SHRM gives advice on interviewing and evaluating freelancers.
- Tips for saving for retirement when you’re self-employed from Kiplinger.
- How to engage freelancers to do their best work, according to Forbes.
- The Federal Circuit agreed to dismiss claims of independent contractor misclassification in recent case Lee v. United States, Lexology reports.
- Business 2 Community provides a guide to financial planning in between freelance gigs.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.