The Weekly Independent: August 6, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- What enterprises need to know about Workers’ Compensation insurance when engaging independent contractors.
- CBS looks at the growing trend of co-working.
- Self-employment has increased rapidly in the UK over the past two decades, reports the BBC.
- Five consequences of employee misclassification and how companies can remain compliant.
- Forbes explores the next hot market: freelancers.
- The Chicago Tribune looks at how to save when you have a side hustle.
- New DOL guidance on employer status of caregiver registries may foreshadow a more tolerant independent contractor approach, Lexology reports.
- Five ways freelancers can make it easier to get paid, according to CNBC.
- The Motley Fool lists three ways the self-employed can save for retirement.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.