The Weekly Independent: August 7, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- How the world of freelancing is undergoing a fundamental change in perception.
- A newly proposed House bill seeks to provide clarity and guidance on independent contractor classification.
- How to write RFPs that resonate with the independent professional talent you’re looking for.
- The Huffington Post explores strategies to make freelancers a valued part of your team.
- How, when, and why you should consider raising your independent consulting rates.
- Harvard Business Review explores how AI is beginning to replace consultants and specialized workers.
- Inc. explores the happiness of freelancers.
- The majority of self-employed people in Britain don’t have a personal pension, a new survey finds.
- Five tips to double your productivity from Forbes.
- Fast Company looks at what it takes to land a traditional job after being self-employed.
- Here’s why all companies are players in the gig economy.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.