The Weekly Independent: August 14, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Five ways to refresh your independent consulting brand.
- The number of Americans, including gig workers, who underpay taxes surges 40%.
- MBO’s Certified Self-Employed policy paper makes tax code easier for independents.
- CNN looks into the reason women are working more side hustles.
- The gig economy has reached healthcare—HR Dive looks at the associated risks.
- Land your next consulting contract by following these five steps.
- Spend Matters explores the evolution of digitally intermediated work.
- How one freelancer makes $6,000 a month.
- A maternity leave guide for self-employed professionals in the UK from the Guardian.
- Running your own business can be stressful. Inc. discusses how to handle this mental strain.
- Temporary rentals are increasing in popularity as the gig economy grows.
- More than half of UK freelancers are urging the Government to build a fairer tax system, according to a new survey.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.