Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• The difference between an independent contractor, employee and temporary employee and when to hire each.
• Companies are hiring more seasonal gig workers, but aren’t including them in company dialogue, HR Dive reports.
• Forbes explores how freelancing is influencing a generation of employees.
• JD Supra looks at what AB5 means for the future of independent contractors.
• Postmates and other companies are being driven to offer gig workers benefits, says SHRM.
• 96% of self-employed professionals don’t want a “regular job,” reports Small Biz Trends.
• The Street looks at the definition of an independent contractor.
• New Jersey DOL is tough on supposed misclassification of independent contractors, says JD Supra.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!