The Weekly Independent: August 20, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- New Jersey signed a deal with the Department of Labor (DOL) to fight worker misclassification, Staffing Industry Analysts reports.
- Forbes explores the importance of microbusinesses.
- How to improve independent workforce program adoption.
- Two million California workers may be impacted by the latest independent contractor state Supreme Court ruling, says ABC.
- A Gallup poll looks at what workplace leaders can learn from the real gig economy.
- How mindful awareness and workplace presence can help self-employed professionals build better relationships, and manage stress and anxiety.
- Virginia has formed a task force to block worker misclassification, U.S. News reports.
- How to boost your management game in the gig economy, according to Forbes.
- July independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from JD Supra.
- Business 2 Community looks at three signs of a great freelance client.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.