The Weekly Independent: August 26, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Forbes talks to Miles Everson, CEO of MBO Partners, about the freelance revolution.
- Everything you need to know about independent contractor compliance.
- The rise of independent workers is leading to a call for regulatory changes, says Spectrum News.
- Direct sourcing: four benefits for your organization.
- Staffing Industry Analysts reports on Bernie Sanders’ plan to fight independent contractor misclassification.
- XPO Logistics reached a $5.5 million misclassification settlement, says Supply Chain Drive.
- Forbes explores questions to ask to help you decide which tasks to outsource to freelance workers.
- Six mindset shifts to help you succeed when starting your own business, from Inc.
- Business.com discusses what to look for when hiring freelancers.
- Companies agree to pay $7.5 million in an independent contractor misclassification settlement involving pharmaceutical delivery drivers, reports Staffing Industry Analysts.
- Four essential steps to take to transition from freelancer to founder.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.