The Weekly Independent: September 11, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- MBO’s CEO Gene Zaino talks about the risks of non-compliance in independent contractor engagement in an op-ed for Forbes.
- The San Diego Union-Tribune explains why what you think about the gig economy may be wrong.
- Five reasons organizations should engage independent professionals.
- TechCrunch explains why GrubHub’s trial could have big implications for the gig economy.
- Nine employment law issues to keep an eye on.
- How to stay motivated as an independent contractor.
- A look at what healthcare compliance means for entrepreneurs.
- A round-up of August’s independent contractor misclassification and compliance news.
- Following IR35 reform, more than 75% of public sector departments in the UK have lost their contractors.
- Bloomberg explores how the French government is looking to make entrepreneurship easier.
- Fast Company explains how to manage people when you’re not technically their boss.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.