The Weekly Independent: September 19, 2016
Being a successful independent contractor or a client of choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
If you’re at the CWS show in Las Vegas this week, please come say hi – we’ll be at booth 500!
- Human Resources Executive Online looks at the ways labor law is changing in the “Uber Age,” and quotes MBO CEO Gene Zaino.
- Financial Times looks at the jobs that we once did ourselves and now pay to have others do for us, many of which are done by independent workers.
- Many workers stay in the on demand economy because they continually learn new skills.
- How, and why, to pay estimated quarterly taxes.
- Thinking of working for yourself … abroad? Here’s how to do it, step by step.
- Oklahoma is the latest state to team up with the DoL to fight misclassification.
- These four clever retirement options are designed for the self-employed.
- Interesting news for the UK: by the end of this year or early next the country’s band of self-employed workers will for the first time exceed the number who toil away in the public sector.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.