Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• MBO Partners joined Staffing Industry Analyst’s Certified Contingent Workforce Professional (CCWP) program, which is designed for HR, procurement, and MSP solution providers and others who manage corporate contingent labor to expand their expertise and formally validate mastery of the subject.
• A compliance checklist for minimizing independent contractor engagement risk.
• Lexology discusses the key elements of California’s landmark AB-5 bill.
• Tips for how to negotiate with freelancers from business.com.
• How to grow your business by targeting the right clients.
• The Staffing Stream looks at the benefits of bringing an outside company in to do IR35 employment status assessments.
• Uber drivers have filed a class action lawsuit alleging misclassification the day after California legislators passed AB-5, HR Dive reports.
• HR Technologist explores why recruiters must shift with freelancing.
• Most freelancers are Millennials, but retirees are quickly catching up, says Business Insider.
• Seven ways to make freelance teams work for your business.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!