The Weekly Independent: September 25, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Based on 7 years of industry research, here are our 10 predictions for the future of the independent workforce. You can also find our predictions in Staffing Industry Analysts, BusinessWire, and HR Dive.
- Is the freelance economy becoming more cliquey? Fast Company explores this idea.
- If you were unable to make it to this year’s SIA CWS Summit, here’s a recap of a panel discussion of how to future-proof your organization best manage independent talent.
- A Poynter article tells the story of a corporate aviation communications director who built her own freelance business.
- Here’s what UK enterprises need to know about the Criminal Finances Act 2017.
- Best work from home practices, according to the New York Times.
- If you’re thinking of going freelance, Forbes outlines five mistakes to avoid.
- Entrepreneur explores how to save big on taxes if you’re self-employed.
- Four things to consider as you make the transition to independent consultant, from the Huffington Post.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.