The Weekly Independent: October 1, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- The number of six-figure freelancers rose 70% in seven years, Forbes reports.
- Learn more about high-earning independent professionals in MBO Partners’ latest State of Independence research brief.
- The Verge and HR Dive report on Uber’s big win to keep drivers classified as independent contractors.
- September’s monthly round-up of independent contractor misclassification and compliance news.
- Retailers share liability for misclassified truck drivers at California ports under a new law, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- The Labor Department may be looking to change regulations governing gig workers and independent contractors, Bloomberg BNA reports.
- Field service businesses would benefit from the freelance economy, Spend Matters says.
- Forbes asks an important question: what do freelancers think about working in your organization?
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.