The Weekly Independent: October 8, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Gig work has generated $864 billion in revenue, new research from Staffing Industry Analysts finds.
- Five benefits to outsourcing administrative tasks for your independent workforce.
- Forbes details how the self-employed can legally and financially protect themselves.
- Vox reports on why the gig economy isn’t going anywhere.
- Three benefits to keep in mind when considering working with a large enterprise.
- Forbes explores the potential future of million-dollar, one-person businesses.
- National Public Radio reports on the complicated financial lives of freelancers.
- The basics of self-employed accounting.
- JD Supra reports on a new type of independent contractor misclassification lawsuit: business vs. business.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.