The Weekly Independent: October 16, 2017
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- Spend Matters takes a look at MBO’s latest white paper on what the freelance workforce will look like in 2027.
- The benefits and downsides to partnership, and other teaming options for independent professionals.
- Diplomatic Courier explores what the future of work will look like given today’s digital economy.
- Two views of the Trump administration’s tax overhaul plan and what it means for small business owners from Bankrate and Business Insider.
- How to land a contract with a large enterprise.
- An overview of September’s misclassification and compliance news from JD Supra.
- Uber, Hermes, and Deliveroo are in the hot seat, facing questions from members of Parliament over employment practices.
- Three ways Millennials can become their own boss through self-employment, according to Forbes.
- The Roanoke Times looks at how gigs are morphing into full-time jobs.
- Flexibility and balance are top motivations for NextGen—freelance, contract, temporary, and independent contract—workers, a new ManpowerGroup study reports.
- Travel Weekly looks at the rise of independent contractors in the travel industry and the importance of worker classification.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.