Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• How coworking spaces are embracing the rise of digital nomads.
• Discover how a Chief Freelance Officer can improve your workforce management program.
• Bloomberg Law analyzes the liability impact of gig worker status.
• Why attracting independent talent is different than recruiting employees.
• This new IRS tax withholding estimator helps workers with self-employment income.
• Uber and Lyft are defending their independent contractor model on Capitol Hill.
• Owner-operator truck drivers in California are planning protests over independent contractor bill AB 5, reports HR Dive and the San Francisco Chronicle.
• Forbes explores NASA’s secret weapon for future-of-work multi-tasking.
• Six steps to get started as a freelancer, from business.com.
• FT Adviser looks at how self-employed professionals can get a mortgage.
• How to combat stress as a solopreneur, from Thrive Global.
• The Motley Fool lists seven fascinating freelancer facts.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!