The Weekly Independent: November 12, 2018
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- High-earning independent professionals are on the rise. Learn more about this fast-growing population and catch the latest insights from our State of Independence research in our webinar next week.
- The California Court of Appeals interpreted the controversial Dynamex ruling in a recent case, JD Supra reports.
- Three key strategies to mitigate independent contractor engagement risk.
- The growing importance of self-employed professionals to the UK economy.
- Why the outcome of midterm elections likely won’t have much of an effect on federal labor and employment law.
- Forbes explores four economic ways to scale a startup.
- Fast Company looks at why healthcare is a such a big issue for freelance voters.
- The California Trucking Association is suing the state of California to stop using the highly-debated ABC test to determine if workers should be classified as independent contractors or employees.
- A new law in Tennessee protects gig economy companies, says JD Supra.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.