Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Five questions to ask before becoming self-employed.
• Harvard Business Review explores how to negotiate as a freelancer.
• Independent contractor misclassification and compliance news from November.
• A proposed New Jersey bill would create a presumption of employment for independent contractors, Lexology reports.
• Independent contractor management: Staffing Industry Analyst’s word of the week.
• Business Insider lists three ways independent professionals can recession-proof their finances.
• Forbes looks at the impact of California’s independent contractor law on the future of transportation.
• Inc lists the 20 best business and leadership books of the year, according to Amazon.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!