The Weekly Independent: December 19, 2016
Staying on top of your field means staying ahead of the biggest news stories. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- If you’re considering going independent in 2017, obtaining health insurance is a must. Our latest blog post showcases various health insurance options for independent consultants.
- Still doing some last minute holiday shopping? We have gift guides for you: for independents and for clients.
- Research from the New Economics Foundation in the UK found that self-employment in the United Kingdom has grown by 70% from 2010 to 2016.
- An op-ed from McKinsey’s Eric Hazan discusses the implications of the workforce moving towards self-employment.
- Aspen Instutite releases key insights from new reports on the independent workforce.
- A new study from Randstad projects a massive shift to agile employment and staffing models in the next decade.
- These 12 tools can help you run your business from anywhere in the world.
- Staffing Industry Analysts discusses President-elect Trump’s nomination of Andy Puzder to head the Department of Labor.
- Amazon is the latest company to be hit with a misclassification suit, while Postmates is ordered to pay more than two years of worker’s compensation to more than 3,000 courriers.
- JD Supra reviews the legalities behind the new Freelance Isn’t Free Act in New York City.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.