Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• Looking back at independent workforce trends of 2019 and forward to what 2020 holds for the industry.
• The San Diego Union-Tribune explores three developments in the law in 2019 that will change independent contractor relationships in the coming year.
• Five things independent professionals value in a client relationship.
• Freelancers are uniting to fight a New Jersey worker misclassification bill that may be detrimental to their businesses, reports CNBC.
• How freelancers can be good to themselves in 2020, from Forbes.
• Gig economy laws are forcing small businesses to rethink staffing, says USA Today.
• Business.com explores the pros and cons of hiring a bookkeeper.
• Advice for outsourcing in 2020 from Business2Community.
• Benzinga discusses how to ensure your self-employment is paying the bills.
• Side gigs make up a growing share of Americans’ work lives, reports Benefits Pro.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!