The Weekly Independent: April 15, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
• High-end gig workers can transform your company—if you let them, says Fast Company.
• Five tax tips for self-employed professionals.
• Is your company ready for the gig economy? Our CEO, Gene Zaino, shares his insight in this ADP video.
• A California bill would exempt certain occupations from the Dynamex ruling, SHRM reports.
• Coverages, exclusions, and endorsements independent professionals should know.
• 71% of global executives say they plan to expand their use of temporary and contract workers, a new survey finds.
• Nevada may be the next state to confront the misclassification of employees as independent contractors, according to the Nevada Current.
• More gig workers are seeking exemption from California’s ‘ABC’ law that classifies them as employees.
• Uber’s independent-contractor-based business model may present hurdles that are difficult to overcome, says Gizmodo.
• Forbes explores how four anticipated gig economy IPOs could affect freelance workers.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!