The Weekly Independent: April 8, 2019
Being a successful independent contractor or a Client of Choice isn’t just about doing the best work or having the best perks. It also means staying one step ahead of the curve. That’s why each week we bring you The Weekly Independent, a quick-hit digest of news of note from around the web.
- MBO Partners has been included as part of Spend Matters’ 50 Providers to Watch for 2019.
- Four proven sources for building a talent network.
- JD Supra explores the impact of the proposed joint employer rule on independent contractor misclassification.
- Spend Matters details how to get independent professionals into your company’s contingent workforce plan.
- A look at employment types: independent contractors, temporary employees, and full-time employees.
- Older workers are finding flexibility and a sense of purpose in continuing to work independently post-retirement, U.S. News & World Report says.
- Four recruiting tips to land more work as an independent professional.
- A federal judge rejected a trucking organization’s challenge to the California Supreme Court’s labor-friendly ruling on independent contractors, the San Francisco Chronicle reports.
- Twelve potential tax write-offs for people who work from home, from Business Insider.
- Forbes gives six tips for giving back to the community as a freelancer.
Should you have any questions, we’re always here for you.
Of course, we’d love to talk virtually as well. Share your thoughts with us at MBO Partners on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and we’ll see you again next week!